Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Snow


My view from the lift

Pictures of my recent trip to Stevens Pass.  Mike and I went up last Friday and then I went back up this past Sunday solo. 

What I love about spring boarding is that you're boarding in toasty 45-50 degree weather.  Its nice taking off your gloves and not having to get them back on as fast as possible because you can feel frostbite setting in!

Another perk is there are significantly less people on the slopes.  Oddly enough, there were more people out and about on Sunday than on Friday.  A nice surprise was that the backside of Stevens was finally open, yay!


Yay, both backside runs were open, nice!

I am motivated to get up to the slopes as much as possible from here on out since my seasons pass is collecting some dust on it, I've been up 4 times thus far, almost makes up the cost of my pass.  I think 2 or 3 times should help me break even.  Of course I will aim to go above and beyond that magic number, so anyone looking to get some spring boarding/skiing in, shoot Mike and I email or call us up!





Hopefully the season will be extended, both days I was up there it started to snow lightly...so here's hoping.



The view from the top of Hogsback

Love that almost no one else was up there, wide open spaces!





Looking over Skyline
Going up Hogsback


Bottom of Gemini on the backside, love the blue sky

From the base

No comments:

Post a Comment