Sunday, January 16, 2011

Antsy searching...

    I have been randomly searching for a new job on various websites (nwjobs, craigslist, monster) and have turned up nothing.  Not even the faithful snohomish county web-site gave me any results!  Honestly, what are people to do?

With such slim pickings, it just really makes me wish I had a personal business that represented more than just a hobby.  But with my limited time, that's just not in the cards right now (shoot...).  It really sucks wanting to do everything and being able to do nothing, talk about frustration.

It makes me feel guilty, thinking about leaving...first of all, I'd miss all my awesome friends at the office.  About 90% of the time that's what keeps me coming back.  It would be tough finding the same bunch of great people in another setting.  Second, I do enjoy some of my clients.  I would feel guilty dumping them on the other clinicians.  Unfortunately, I can't pick and choose (per se) who my clients are going to be, and I know you have to take the good with the frustrating--but I have been feeling like I am in a, yikes, dead end.

Clients are the same, presenting issues are the same, interventions are relatively the same-I don't feel like I am growing any more...what's worse is I can't find anything to get me out of this funk.

No comments:

Post a Comment