Monday, December 20, 2010

AAHHHH, Baking disaster!!!



So I am trying to make French macaroons for a cookie exchange at work.  The French macaroons are the "burger" style cookies not the ones covered in coconut.  However, I substitued almond paste with poppyseed paste to make it more "Beth Friendly".  I wanted to make something that would be edible for my friend who is deathly allergic to any and all nuts.

But ahhhhh! apparently almond paste is NOT the same as poppyseed paste.  Yikes, my macaroons ended up being flattened crispy cookie-like things that were also chewy somehow, ugh!  I am going to try again tomorrow night with almond paste and we'll see if it was the ingredient change or if it was due to baker error....if disaster strikes again, we may have to change the menu to something a little less French  :-)

Here's to round two....

1 comment:

  1. round two was amazing...it was like i was in paris :) you are the best

    ReplyDelete