Thursday, October 14, 2010

THE best hot chocolate in all the land!

So while in France we hear from several sources that the best hot chocolate you have ever tasted is in Paris. Lucky us! As a chocolate fiend I had to seek out this elusive treat. So a few of us find our way to Angelina. Angelina is a cute cafe that serves fancy teas and treats. The walls are either decorated with huge mirrors, murals, or drapes.

There are Parisians with thier little doggies on thier laps while ordering meals and everyone is chatting away. Its an akward setting to walk into-I almost feel like we are interrupting a private party or something.

Nonetheless, we are greeted nicely by the hostess and she brings us to our tables where we peruse the menu for the dessert that will accompany our hot chocolate.

Inside we find delicious treats lined up in pretty cases. Everything looks sooooo delicious its hard to choose. My decision, we are having hot chocolate, so I need something to counter the sweetness--a yummy strawberry/pineapple shortcake.

So when we finally get our hot chocolate it turns out the consistency is more like melted pudding...its thick and not overly sweet ( I think it was like 70% coco or something).  It coated the inside of our cups and tasted so delicious! A full cup of fresh whip cream made it all the better.

I was in absolute heaven until about 7:00 pm when I suddenly felt really really REALLY tired...I think I may have just experienced a 6 hour sugar high (we got to the restaurant at 1:00 pm).
Posted by Picasa


No comments:

Post a Comment